The Swan was built in 1900 as a herring lugger in Lerwick, Shetland. She was one of a huge fleet of wooden ships that fished for herring in the early 1900s. In 1935 she was fitted with an engine. After a few wanderings, the Swan was rescued from neglect in 1991. The ship returned to Shetland for restoration. Converted into a tall ship, it has become an important part of Shetland’s maritime history.
The tallship is docked in: Zuiderhaven